The Dogecoin Foundation, a nonprofit organization that aims to support the development of the memecoin through advocacy, has launched its first-ever roadmap detailing a number of new projects.
- The foundation announced a Dogecoin “trailmap” which is explores eight projects including the launch of LibDogecoin and GigaWallet.
- This is the first such roadmap released by the foundation in its eight-year history.
- In August, the foundation signed the Dogecoin Manifesto, which explained the goal of DOGE and allowed the fans of the Shiba Inu-inspired cryptocurrency to also sign the manifesto capturing feedback and what the community wanted from the project.
- The Dogecoin Foundation, boasts some well-known board members and advisers, including Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin.
- In its roadmap the foundation said it is working with Buterin on “crafting a uniquely Doge proposal for a ‘community staking’ version of Proof of Stake (PoS) that will allow everyone, not just the big players to participate in a way that rewards them for their contribution to running the network.”
- The foundation goes on to say it has “some influential friends” on its side and a growing group of people who are getting ready to contribute development time to these open-source projects.
- In February, Elon Musk suggested in a tweet that dogecoin might be “the future currency of earth.” Musk’s involvement in the DOGE token tribe has helped sent the cryptocurrency mooooning (his word), along with other alternative cryptocurrencies.
- DOGE started as a joke in 2013, and is now the 12th most valuable cryptocurrency by market value, according to CoinMarketCap.
- In July, Dogecoin founder Jackson Palmer said that he would not be returning to cryptocurrency as it is “is an inherently right-wing, hyper-capitalistic technology built primarily to amplify the wealth of its proponents through a combination of tax avoidance, diminished regulatory oversight and artificially enforced scarcity.”
- On Friday, DOGE was trading at $0.186232, up more than 5% over the last 24 hours.
Read full story on Coindesk.com